Invest NI can provide Brexit help and advice for your business, find out more >> Get ready for Brexit
Intellectual Property Rights are becoming increasingly important to Northern Ireland businesses.
Invest NI, in conjunction with the European Patent Office (EPO), are holding two Patent Searching workshops.
The Patent Searching workshop will use the Espacenet® database which offers free access to information about inventions and technical developments from the 19th century up to today.
Accessible to beginners and experts, Espacenet® contains data on more than 90 million patent documents from around the world. Supporting information can help you understand whether a patent has been granted and if it is still in force.
You can use Espacenet® to
- search and find patent publications
- track the progress of emerging technologies
- find solutions to technical problems
- see what your competitors are developing
Cost of this workshop is £50 inclusive of VAT per delegate.
Terms & conditions
- If there is insufficient demand for workshops we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel.
- The booking fee is refundable if more than 10 working days’ notice of cancellation is given.
|09:00||Registration & Tea/Coffee|
|09:30||Introduction to patents and patent searching techniques|
|13:00||Hands-on Patent Searching using the Espacenet® Database|
Read the Invest Northern Ireland Privacy Notice to find out how and why Invest Northern Ireland processes ('collects', 'uses', 'retains', 'discloses', 'disposes of') personal data.