As the regional business development agency, Invest NI's role is to grow the local economy.
We do this by helping new and existing businesses to compete internationally, and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland.
Historically, selling online was associated with consumer-facing retail businesses but a broader range of businesses within B2C and B2B marketplaces are investing in e-commerce to increase their sales.
Invest NI, in collaboration with an e-commerce consultant, will be hosting a webinar for local businesses highlighting the opportunities of utilising online marketplaces as part of your e-commerce activities. This webinar will increase your capabilities and promote the benefits of trading across online marketplaces.
The webinar will:
- Include an introduction to and the benefits of selling on online marketplaces
- Outline key online marketplaces for your business, how to work with such marketplaces and how to engage with both the marketplace and end users/buyers
- Identify and inform on areas such as marketplace growth rates, fulfilment options and distribution channels within specific marketplaces
- Address how to optimise your sales proposition on online marketplaces e.g. promoting listings, optimising store and product pages for search ranking
- Outline how to create engaging content and maintain interaction with users/buyers
- Include best practice examples of businesses who have utilised online marketplaces as an export sales channel
The webinar will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Dan Wilson is a journalist, marketing expert and ecommerce consultant specialising in online marketplaces and part of the team that founded eBay in the UK and Ireland back in 1999.
Richard Elliott is an International Trade Adviser for Invest NI, consulting with and assisting customers to develop export strategies and practical know-how that will increase their export sales.