A key objective of Invest NI is to help companies grow business in overseas markets. The Netherlands is generally accepted as a good starter market for new and inexperienced exporters due to its proximity, relative ease of access, openness of trading culture and widespread acceptance of English as a business language.
Going Dutch is a structured programme for Invest NI client businesses that have the capability and motivation to break into international markets and specifically to explore new business opportunities in The Netherlands.
Going Dutch targets small businesses that have an internationally tradeable product or service but little or no experience of selling outside the British Isles. For participating companies the objectives of the programme are to increase export knowledge and to achieve their first international sale.
The Programme provides companies with:
- 1:1 Consultancy support from a specialist trade advisor based in Amsterdam
- Individual tailored market research
- Group workshops to address common export issues
- Development of individual export sales presentation
- An initial three day Group market visit to the Netherlands involving qualified meetings with potential customers or partners
- Guidance on a follow-up action plan on how to develop the opportunities
- Up to five further Invest NI supported individual follow-up visits to The Netherlands to develop sales/partners
This event will give companies an opportunity to learn more about the Going Dutch programme and the opportunities in the Dutch market. Following the morning session, participants who wish to take their interest further can avail of a 1:1 discussion with Invest NI's in-market advisor, to explore the opportunities for your business in the Dutch market.
To hear from a previous Going Dutch participants click on the link below:
*Please note that this programme is open to Invest NI Customers only and some criteria will apply.
*Free car parking will be provided*