Innovate UK Emerging and Enabling Technologies Competition Round 3 briefing event
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15m* in innovative projects in Emerging and Enabling Technologies and up to £10m for Knowledge Transfer Partnership.
Technologies within Emerging and Enabling Technologies include:
• Emerging technologies - defined as technologies that are progressing in, or have recently emerged from, the research base
• Digital - such as cyber security and the internet of things
• Enabling technologies - such as Electronics, Sensors and Photonics (ESP) & Robotics and Autonomous Systems
• Space Applications
Applying these technologies across ALL sectors, the aim is to increase competitiveness for UK small and medium sized enterprises.
*The scope for this competition has yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be similar to the second round of funding. The competition opens on 4th September 2017.
This event will benefit businesses of all sizes (micro, small, medium and large) as well as academics, researchers and local authorities.
- 13th Sept, Cardiff – organised by Welsh Government
- 14th Sept, Manchester - organised by KTN
- 19th Sept, Belfast – organised by Invest Northern Ireland
- 21st Sept, Glasgow – supported by Technology Scotland
|10:15||Welcome & Introduction – Dr. Joanne Coyle, Engineering Lead, Innovation & R&D, Invest NI|
|10:30||Emerging & Enabling Technologies Competition (Round 3) – Jon Hazel, Innovate UK|
|11:10||How the KTN Can Help – Dr. Mark Littlewood, Head of Emerging Technologies & Industries, KTN & Joel Ferguson, Knowledge Transfer Partnership, KTN|
|12:00||Centre for Secure IT (CSIT@QUB)|
|12:20||Case Study – An NI Company Perspective|
|12:40||Enterprise Europe Network – Claire Griffin|