CE Marking for Electrical Engineering
CE Marking is mandated by European Directives. Many products are covered by these directives and, to be placed on the European market, must bear the 'CE' mark- it's a legal requirement.
CE marking is the claim that the product meets the essential requirements of all relevant Directives, and can be legally supplied and move freely throughout the EU. When managed properly, it also enhances product credibility and leads to improved maketability and greater customer confidence & satisfaction.
This course is based primarily on the Low Voltage (LV) and Electro-Magnetic Compatability (EMC) Directives. It provides guidance to compliance and assists participants to determine the route that is most appropriate, cost-effective and efficient for their product. For most companies, CE marking is a self-certification process and involves an evaluation of the product or equipment against a relevant standard.
The course will be interactive and participative, with opportunities for discussion. On completion, participants should:
- Have gained an understanding of the statutory requirements involved;
- Understand technical requirements and interpret compliance standards;
- Understand the CE marking process and identify the best route to compliance.
Terms & conditions
- If there is insufficient demand for workshops we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel.
- The booking fee is refundable if more than 10 working days’ notice of cancellation is given.
|09:00||Registration & Tea/Coffee|
|09:30||Welcome & Introductions|
|09:35||Introduction to CE Marking|
|10:00||Introduction to Electrical Safety & the New Legislative Framework|
|10:45||LVD Safety Documentation|
|11:15||CE Safety Components|
|13:15||Introduction to EMC and RED Directives|
|13:45||EMC in Practice|
|14:45||Introduction to ISO13849-1|
|16:00||RoHS, WEEE and ErP|